Saturday, June 02, 2012

15 years in the Corporate World


Today marks my 15th year in the corporate world specifically in the IT industry.  From an innocent and naïve nene, a newly graduate of a university in Manila, I got a programming job in a local bank.  Then, I jump from one company to another.  For the 15 years, I had 5 companies; two of them are local banks.  I pray and hope that the companies will be 6 by this month.  I had several positions, stepping one step at the ladder.  I had two retrenchments and two separation pays.


Through the years, several things had changed:
THEN
I go to work in blouse and pencil cut skirt uniforms with blazer, wearing shoes with heels and stockings.
NOW
I go to work in casual attires – maong jeans, shirts, rubber shoes or sandals.


THEN
Corporate emails are for managers only.
NOW
Everyone has their own corporate emails.


THEN
Desktop computers are used with floppy disks.
NOW
Laptops are in.  Desktop computers are with flash and CD drives.


THEN
Communications are mostly using emails and local phones.
NOW
Communications are in emails, instant messaging, video conferencing and chat.


THEN
I memorized all landline and local numbers of people I regularly call.
NOW
I don’t even memorize my own number!


THEN
Beepers are in.
NOW
Everyone is into smart phone except me! 


THEN
Lunch outs mean Jollibee, Mcdo or KFC.
NOW
Lunch outs mean eating in Ayala Triangle or Greenbelt.


I dreamt of becoming a stay at home mom but I have accepted the fact that I need to help the family.  I will be in this corporate world as long as I am needed, I loved it and I enjoy it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates