Saturday, May 05, 2012

Officially: A Vel Marisan

Our dear kid is officially a Vel Marisan!  After the school hunting and several discussions, my hubby and I finally decided to enroll our kid at Vel Maris School in Dasmariñas City, Cavite.  He is 5 years old and will be in Prep this coming school year, 2012-2013.


Why Vel Maris School?
   - It's a Catholic school.  Of course, being devoted Catholics and coming from Catholic schools from kinder to college, we also want our kid to experience that same education in a Catholic school, where kids are taught how to pray and have a relationship with God.
   - The tuition fees and other fees fit our family income.  We are not saying that it is affordable as the fees are quite high but we can work on it.  There are several payment schemes to choose from.
   - The location is near to our place.  I usually bring my kid to school everyday in the morning before going to work.  As it is located in Aguinaldo Highway, it's a tricycle and jeepney away from our house then I just have to take the buses going to Manila to go to work.  Although my kid's former school is nearer than VMS, the location is still accessible enough and conforms to our set-up.
   - We studied and researched on the quality of education and we our happy with what we read.  I also asked my former project manager whose kid is in VMS and we got nice feedback.
   - We believe that our kid will be set for the future with excellence!


For the enrollment, hubby and I came to VMS very early as we have to go to work after.  The enrollment procedure was smooth and organized.  First step was to fill up the registration form as my son has taken and passed the entrance examination last March.  Then, we submitted the requirements (report card, birth certificate and 1x1 picture).  One of the teachers did the assessment of items to be paid and the terms of payment.  After that, we chose the payment scheme and were endorsed to the Accounting Office for our payments.  We have to be back by mid May for the books and uniforms.


We are looking forward for our partnership with VMS!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi I've read your blog and i just would like to know how's the educational system in VMS? are you satisfied? I am planning to transfer my daughter this coming school year. Thank you and hope to hear from soon.

jaja said...

Hello!I am also school-hunting for my kid. How was your kid's education at Vel Maris, so far? Thanks!

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates